Umthombo Core business
It is essential that Umthombo clarifies and solidifies our core business and its objectives in order to deliver on our mandate successfully. UMthombo main specific function is Outreach.
The below diagram illustrates the various core activities and sub-functions on our Outreach Programme.
In order to achieve the above, Umthombo uses certain tools / services such as:
- Transformative Activities
- Education (Numeracy and Literacy)
- Psycho-Social Interventions
- Accommodation and Nutrition (for the Drop-In Centre)
- Family work – Reintegration / Alternative Care
- Access to relevant documentation
- Health and Hygiene (Basic)
To achieve the core business objectives of Umthombo, it is necessary to include specific outcomes and key indicators by which we measure our success or weaknesses. This will ensure that we consistently measure and adhere to the given timelines and objectives of our business strategy. The key outcomes and indicators of measurement are represented in the diagram below: