Umthombo Sport Activities
On a daily basis uMthombo offers the following activities for children who visit or are at the Centre, in a particular given time -:
- Hygiene Facilities: Showers & Showers kits, Dental kits & every Thursday- washing day.
- Nutrition: Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch & Supper).
- Sports: Surfing, Soccer, Beach Soccer, Beach Volley Ball & Net Ball.
- Arts: Music, Fine Art, Dancing & Drama.
- Educational Life Skills & Computer Skills: Basic Numeracy & Literacy, Exposure Visits & Life Skills.
uMthombo has over the years participated in a number of sporting tournaments, which has also enabled our children to be part of a mainstream society whilst they are still in their own respective rehabilitative journey. These include -:
- Surfing – We are part of KZN Schools Tag Team, Shayi Gagasi Competitions, and Competing in Provincial & National Competitions.
- Soccer – 2010 Inaugural Street Child World Cup, held in Durban, South Africa 2014 Street Child World Cup, held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil